Tuesday 11 August 2015

2015 Crankworx Whistler, Enduro World Series

I made it to Whistler - Life goal Done

Riding in the Whistler Mountain Bike Park was a dream come true, I noticed so many iconic sections of trail that I instantly remembered from the old MTB Movies. When I was 8 getting a sore neck staring up at the TV in the Bike shop watching New World Disorder, I never would have thought I would be riding the same roots and rocks as those dudes let alone see them in person walking around the village.

2 days out from race I unfortunately tried Manuel to bunny hope, a rope, looped out and fell from my shoulder height onto the ground whinded my self for 5 minuets, sounding like this...


I rode with my sore wrist wanting to throw up. Food, Shower, Bed.

Day before the race I got out to practise stage 1 'hey bud'. My wrist was terrible, I climbed for 1 hour to do one 8minuet run, but I just wanted to get off the track after the first couple of corners it hurt that much.

Stage 1 - 99th

2 corners in I was really surprised my wrist was not too bad, I didn't have to ride to the limit of my wrist because I was riding to the limit of the wet roots. I decided to ride the stage as if it was Stage 1 at Rotorua where slower is faster. Stoked to not crash.

Stage 2 - 81st

Top of The World, Whistler. Long stage. Start next to snow and finish in a hot forrest. I only had a couple of fumbles, slipped on some roots and put my sore wrist down and got a shooting pain, got down and noticed my knuckles were swollen. But happy to put down a 15min run with only minor fumbles.

Stage 3 - 59th

My best stage. Fast open section with switchbacks into tight wet rooty single track like stage 1.

Stage 4 - 81st

I had a great run with out any mistakes.

Stage 5 - 71st

The Race within the Race. This stage started at the Top of the mountain and followed all the downhill tracks into the village. I had a Pinned run but as went to turn into the track we practised over and over for that stage, but the race went a different route. I got my bike and myself caught up in the bunting and easily lost over 15 seconds getting untangled. I got going again, Lindsay then passed me, I followed him all the way down one of the tracks, he then lost his chain! So I got back on the gas and had a smooth run all the way to the bottom have my second best stage.

Overall 79th Place - Looking back at results, I was pretty disappointed, but stoked that I was even able to ride the whole day on a my sore wrist.

The next day I went to the hospital, the doctor, said he defiantly looks like something is broken from the 'Distortion' (Purple and Swollen) He sent me off for an X-Ray, and the doctor said its fine! No Fractures! He was still puzzled as to why it looked so bad. Time to Heal.

NEXT! 1 Week of Whistler Crankworx, Then onto Finale Ligure, Italy!

Thanks to this Crew for a mad 3 weeks


THANK YOU SPONSORS
23degrees-sports.com
Alpinestars.com
Trekbikes.com
Funnmtb.com
ZlevyCarbon.com
Maxxis.com
SRAM Australia
KenmoreCycles.com
Cyclinic.com
TorqAustralia.com
ForbesMTBCourses.com

No comments:

Post a Comment