Saturday 1 August 2015

EWS Crested Butte - Race Day 1 - 43rd place

Hardest day iv had on a bike, and its only been day 1 of 3.
VitalMTB.com
Bus Shuttle left at 9pm
First Liaison 10:37am
Stage 1 Start Time 11:37am
Stage 2 Start Time 3:02pm

Stage 1 - 38th

It went well, felt controlled but a bit loose at times, especially around the rocks where I heard a lot of 'Dings'. In the last couple of minuets of the stage I had caught up to Timmy who couldn't hear me yelling due to us wearing full faces and going 30kph down the granite sandy track. He eventually saw me on a switchback and let me pass. I was very happy with the run, alot to take in for a 15 minuet stage.

Liaison 1

We were given 3 hours to get to the next stage, we didn't less around and but still only had 10min to spare. It started with a 1 hour fire road climb then up a downhill track that looked better than stage 2!. The downhill track took 1h50min to climb up which was mostly pushing our bikes. This made for the hardest day on the bike i'v had! Wanting to absolutely die up the top, I sat down for 5min then go the legs spinning ready for stage 2. (omg I want to sleep just writing this)

Stage 2 - 52th

Fun, funny, leg burning, annoying but successful. It was roughly split into a 3 tracks, 1 fast rock, rooty track into a flat rooty xc track that had a climb where I caught up to the 2 riders in front of me which happen to be Timmy and Lindsay who had just crashed, as we were trying to run up the climb I passed Timmy and followed Lindsay's dust for a 45 seconds then he crashed again and I was able to open up and ski down the 3rd part of the stage which was a 2 minuet rocky shoot finishing into a creek!

5 hours of riding, 50K, 1711m Elevation later.. We got shuttled back to the event village. After an hour or so of dyeing on the grass we drove to our accommodation, ate some corn chips and Lindsay and I headed to the bike park to practise 2 stages that are on Day 3 of racing.

Finally got to sit down at 6:50pm to check results and write this blog post while it was fresh in my memory (The only thing that is fresh right now)

Issac and Timmy - Practise - Finish of stage 2
THANK YOU SPONSORS

23degrees-sports.com
Alpinestars.com
Trekbikes.com
Funnmtb.com
ZlevyCarbon.com
Maxxis.com
SRAM Australia
KenmoreCycles.com
Cyclinic.com
TorqAustralia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment